When you need a carpenter, you feel at their mercy! You know the job to be done is more than your skill level. In addition, of course, you want it done right.
So, when looking for the right carpenter to complete the service, step back and ask yourself 🤔
- What is most important to me?
- What level of work will ultimately satisfy me?
Therefore, if the first thing out of your mouth is how much it will cost 💰, you need to step back one step. Get as much information yourself on the home improvement or service you have in mind, plan your idea, and set a realistic budget before asking how much.
Having hired and talked with thousands of carpenters over my life, never once have I ever heard one of them say, “I do lousy work.”
Ask yourself, “would I hire a ruff carpenter to build a cabinet or for something else?”
- I asked our best friend, and he recommended this person, and their quality was not what I thought it would be. I am so mad at my friend for suggesting this carpenter. When asking someone you know for a referral, explain the scope of work as clearly as you can and what you are looking for. Ask the carpenter to see their work beforehand and get at least one or two other carpenters to bid on the job.
- I have always been told to get three bids, and we ended up getting five. The pricing was all over the place, and we could not figure out which one to go with. Try to get a ballpark estimate to be your guide and have a specification to compare apples to apples; do not keep fishing for the lowest price. If the quotes are not within your budget, consider cutting back some work.
- We went with the lowest bid. The final price we paid was higher than the original highest price quoted, we feel the quality was poor, and now the person will not return our call. Set a realistic budget first; depending on the job size, get up to three bids, write down and ask the same questions to each carpenter. Accept only detailed written estimates with the scope of the work, timeline, materials, payment schedule, guarantee, and what each party is responsible for doing before, during, and after the project is completed.
Ask yourself, “can I complete any part of the project myself, and do I have the time, the tools, and the skillset required?” When considering doing the job yourself, always believe what you should get hurt while performing the task. Saving time and peace of mind may be worth the cost of hiring an expert, even if you would prefer to “do it yourself.” While the idea is still fresh in your mind, or you are planning to get a nearby expert from WorkDone.
FRUSTRATED WITH FINDING AND HIRING THE RIGHT CARPENTER? You don’t have to be. We make it free, fast, and easy by providing you with a trusted, reliable source of carpentry and the information you need to make an informed decision.
Welcome to WorkDone ✅, for a successful house & home carpenter service experience!
RELAX. WE’LL HELP, YOU SAVE…! Find the expert nearby carpenter-your single source of qualified carpenters competing to beautify your home. Besides getting a name and phone number, you’ll be able to read about the contractor’s experience.